2. Types of Data We Collect
We may collect and store the following Personal Data:
Information You Provide to Us.
- Contact information, such as name, user ID, e-mail address, and phone number
- Information necessary for us to remit payments to sellers, such as financial account transactional information based on your activities on the Site as a seller (such as item and content you generate or that relates to your account); community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Site, and correspondence sent to us; information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
- Marketing information, such your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with marketing communications; and
- Other personal information you choose to submit to us
Information We Collect About Buyers From or on Behalf of Our Sellers
- We may collect information about buyers from or on behalf of our sellers. The sellers determine the scope of the information we collect on their behalf, that they transfer to us, or that we otherwise collect, and the information we receive may vary by seller. Typically, the information we collect about individuals from or on behalf of our sellers includes:
- transactional information based on your activities on the Site as a buyer (such as item and content you purchase)
- payment information, such as credit card number
- your contact information (such as your name, user ID, email-address, and shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase an item or receive delivery of an item
- other personal information that our sellers may provide about you
Information Automatically Collected.
- When you access the Site, we, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity on our Site. The information that may be collected automatically includes your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and information about your use of and actions on our Sites, such as pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, navigation paths between pages, information about your activity on a page, access times, and length of access. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites. This information is collected using cookies and similar technologies. Please refer to the Cookies and Similar Technologies section for more details.
Social Media Networks and other Third Party Platforms.
- We may offer single sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to sign into Service. With your permission, Snack may also collect profile information contained in your third-party profile. Snack may also, for your use, enable you to import information about who you are connected to, as well as enable you to share information with those third-party sites. If you wish to discontinue such sharing, please refer to the settings on the third-party service or your preference page on Snack.
Sensitive Personal Information.
- We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on the Sites, or otherwise to us.
3. Cookies and Similar Technologies
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files stored on your computer or mobile device by a website. Our Sites may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Sites; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers or business partners on our Sites, and can be used by such service providers or business partners to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our Site uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Essential Cookies - These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies - These cookies allow our Sites to remember choices you make when you use our Sites. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-select your preferences every time you visit our Site.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies - These cookies collect information about traffic to our Sites and about how individuals use our Sites. The information gathered may include the types of information described above in the section titled “Information automatically collected.” We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, monitor the level of activity on our Site, and improve the Site. We use Google Analytics, Optimizely, and New Relic for this purpose. These parties use their own cookies. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies, and about how Google protects your data here: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB. You can find out more about New Relic’s services here: https://newrelic.com/, and its privacy practices here: https://newrelic.com/termsandconditions/privacy.
- Social Media Cookies - These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” (or similar) button on our Site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook or Twitter. The social network will record that you have done this. Social networks use their own cookies.
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” menus). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Site. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Site.
In addition to cookies, our Sites may use other technologies, such as Flash technology, pixel tags, and software development kits (or SDKs) to collect information automatically.
We may use Flash cookies (which are also known as Flash Local Shared Object (“LSOs”)) on our Site to collect and store information about your use of our Site. Unlike other cookies, Flash cookies cannot be removed or rejected via your browser settings. If you do not want Flash cookies stored on your computer or mobile device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel at this website. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel at this website and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with our Site.
We may also use pixel tags (which are also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) on our Site and in our HTML formatted emails to track the actions of users on our Site and interactions with our emails. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages or within HTML formatted emails. Pixel tags are used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of the Site, so that we can manage our content more effectively.
Software Development Kits
Our mobile applications may use software development kits (“SDKs”) provided by third parties. SDKs enable us to provide features and functionality developed by third-party developers, including to provide us with analytics, social media integration, and advertising. The SDKs we use may enable third parties to collect information about the users of our mobile applications. The types of SDKs we use include:
- Analytics SDKs. These SDKs are used to collect information about use of our mobile applications. The information gathered may include the types of information described above in the section titled “Information automatically collected.” We use this information to help operate our mobile applications more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, monitor the level of activity on and within the application, diagnose errors, and improve the mobile application.
- Social Media SDKs. These SDKs help you to interact with social networks you are signed into while using our mobile application, such as by sharing content with the social network and other features you use with the social network. Social networks may also work with our apps for analytics or advertising purposes, as discussed above.
4. Use of Your Personal Data
To provide our Sites and Services.
- facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network;
- identify you as a User in the system;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- provide the Service and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure and improve our Service and content;
- tell you about our Service, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties; and
- and other uses as described when we collect the information.
To communicate with you
If you request information from us (such as signing up for our newsletter), register on the Sites, or participate in our contests or promotions, we may send you Snack-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt out of such communications.
Use of Personal Data About Buyers on Behalf of Our Sellers.
We use personal information we collect about buyers from or on behalf of our sellers to provide services only as directed or authorized by the seller. We do not use this information for our own purposes. Typically, our clients direct or authorize us to use personal information collected on their behalf to enable ecommerce and payments functionality on our clients’ websites, to manage the delivery of electronic goods, and to deliver communications from the sellers to their buyers.
To comply with law.
- We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- For compliance, fraud prevention and safety
- We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Sites; (b) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent.
- We will request your consent to use your personal information where required by law, such as where we would like to send you certain marketing messages. If we request your consent to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent any time in the manner indicated when we requested the consent or by contacting us. If you have consented to receive marketing communications from our third party partners, you may withdraw your consent by contacting those partners directly.
To create anonymous data.
- We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Service and improve site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
5. Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose Personal Data to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your Personal Data with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs).
- Our sellers, when you make a purchase with them using our Services.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Snack User to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, e-mail address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
6. Account Protection
When the time comes that when we require user sign ups to use our service, your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Snack password to anyone. If you do share your password or your Personal Data with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Personal Data and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Snack and change your password.
7. Your Choices
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Data
You may change any of your Personal Data in your account by editing your profile within your account or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your Personal Data from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law.
You may opt out of marketing-related emails by clicking on a link at the bottom of our marketing emails, or by contacting us at email@example.com. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Targeted online advertising
Some of the business partners that collect information about users’ activities on our Sites may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior or mobile application usage for purposes of targeted advertising.
Users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here: www.networkadvertising.org/choices, or the Digital Advertising Alliance by they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioural advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
In addition, your mobile device settings may provide to limit our, or our partners', ability to engage in ad tracking or targeted advertising using the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising associated with your mobile device.
Do Not Track Signals
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send "Do Not Track" signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not currently respond to do not track signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Choosing not to share your personal information
Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide our services to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the services by designating it as required in or on the Sites or through other appropriate means.
We use security technologies and procedures when we are able to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other Users may abuse or misuse your Personal Data that they collect from the Site. Therefore, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Data or private communications will always remain private.
9. Third Parties